- Blow up your balloons to any size you want (smaller balloon = smaller bowl).
- Wash and dry the balloon so your chocolate doesn’t taste like balloon!
- Melt down your chocolate either over a double-boiler or in the microwave (microwave is so much faster, just make sure you melt it in 30 second intervals, stirring in between so you don’t burn the chocolate)
- Dip the balloon down into the chocolate (you may have to spoon it on the balloon as well to get the chocolate to come up the sides high enough to make a bowl-shape)
- Place the balloons on a cooking sheet with non-stick parchment paper on the sheet and chill for 20 minutes.
- Pop the balloon by making a tiny hole at the top to let the air out slowly and you have left behind a perfect little serving dish made of chocolate.
I wanted to keep it light and fairly healthy so I just filled mine with some cut strawberries, and topped it with a spot of whipped cream, chocolate shavings, and a mint leaf for garnish:
– ❤ A.
original chocolate bowl recipe via
Posts Like This: